Half the cost, twice the performance and Zero Waste!
Cut BMP Costs in Half:
- Installation Speed: For many ERTEC products, installation speed is typically more than twice as fast.
- Maintenance: There is almost no maintenance over the course of a long project, except to remove accumulated sediment or debris. ERTEC products do not slump or decay and rarely washout.
- Removal Speed: Four to eight times as fast, depending on product.
- Total Costs on your Project: Significantly lower. And since the material is reusable, you save even more on the next project. You can change your means and methods for the better. ERTEC allows you to get away from the single use and disposal model and to see significant savings.
- Functional Longevity: Rarely considered by designers, this is a key performance and cost factor. Unlike most temporary sediment control or wildlife control systems which cannot be trusted to perform past six months, ERTEC sees almost no deterioration, wind driven knock-overs, or trench washouts over a long project. This leads to better and more consistent long term performance.
- Easy to Get it Right: Because it is easier to install ERTEC’s products, failures are less likely, also leading to better long-term performance.
- Water Flows Thru and Spreads Out: Traditional BMPs work by ponding water creating a barrier to flow. Pressure from ponded water is a key driver of washouts and overtopping. ERTEC filters particles while allowing flow-thru, minimizing these affects.
- Test Results: Independent lab tests show outstanding sediment control performance for a passive device. However most testing labs only report on performance over the first or first few storms. Due to ERTEC’s functional longevity, performance remains consistent over multiple consecutive storms, multiple seasons and multiple uses.
Achieve ZERO Waste:
These products eliminate the historical load on landfills from stormwater and wildlife protection materials. They are better than ZERO Waste because they are:
- Reusable: Reusable on multiple projects. Many uses are common.
- Recyclable: Because they are made of HDPE (#2), they can be recycled at the end of life.
An ugly side-effect of the sediment and wildlife control BMP industry is that 100% of silt fence and as much as 70% of wattles (fiber rolls) find their way to our nation’s landfills. ERTEC is changing this dynamic.